Sunday, 8 May 2011

I was perched outside in the pouring rain trying to make myself a sail....

Boo! The sun has officially left! If you are British, you know what this means. The end of summer. Now, people may think I'm being dramatic, but it wouldn't be the first time! The last couple of years, we seem to have scorching spring (a few weeks ago, we were hotter than the sahara desert!), followed by mild, wet  summers. I'm just sayin'! 
On the plus side, I get to wear my wellys and raincoat! Every cloud has a silver lining (or a perfect outfit in my case!). The welly's are just amazing! The have bows at the back. I love all things beautiful and as a child I even had multicoloured wellys and a rain mac. I'll post a picture on here sometime! 
So this picture was taken yesterday (Saturday), whilst me and my Beau were going to the DIY shop to buy paint! We are painting the bedroom and its going to look great. So excited!



Umbrella- Topshop.
Dress- Monsoon.
Coat- Tesco.
Welly's- Joules.
Bag- Mulberry.
Leggings- Primark.



The rain has made them a little tatty, but I still adore the ribbons!


Jewellery. 
You may not be able to see in the main pictures, so I thought I'd just show them up close. 
The silver earrings and matching bracelet were a gift from my brother on a birthday. He's freakishly amazing at buying jewellery! The pearl bracelet was really cheap, about £2-£3. 
I love it! So dainty and I think it looks expensive. Maybe its just me....


Enjoy Guys!

Girl about Town XxX

14 comments:

  1. I love rubber boots ^^I wore them to school in the winter, when there was so much snow! It would otherwise have ruined my everyday footwear :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome umbrella :)

    x Camilla

    intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, it sucks that it's not so hot anymore. Yesterday it was raining where I live and today the sun is out but it's still cold. Typical british weather.

    Day By Diva
    Day By Diva

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just want to let you know that i gave your blog an award :)
    you can find it here:
    Vintage & Vanilla, Darling!

    and thank you so much for following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look perfect for a rainy day eheh
    lovely pictures :)

    Kiss from portugal,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah yes, we are getting into rainy season over here, too (not telling where - and if you figure it out, shh! don't tell). But if I had ribbons on my wellies I would be dreaming about rain! What a lovely detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Your boots are awesome! Love the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look ridiculously pretty! And I adore your umbrella!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute outfit love the dress!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cheery for a rainy day...I love your wellies! Thanks for the comment,girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so cute! I don't think I've ever owned a pair of rain boots, but I should probably think about getting some!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those rain boots, I really need a pair with the weather we have been having lately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one is supposed to be this cute in the rain! ;) Love your dress.

    ReplyDelete