Monday, 9 May 2011

Sunshine (award) on a rainy day!

I received a blog award! The lovely lady that is Vintage and Vanilla, Darling!, has really made my day!
What a doll!

Be sure to check out her blog and the others I have nominated below!


The rules for this award are:
1) Thank the person who gave you this award and link back to them in your post
2) Tell us some things about yourself
3) Nominate 10 bloggers
4) Contact these bloggers and let them know they have received this award


Ten things about myself: (Ok, I did nine....its good to be different! And, I got stuck on ten!)
  1. My mum is my style icon, best friend and hero, all in one. She taught me most of what I know about fashion, life and love. The rest, I taught her.
  2. Secondary School was the lowest point of my life. I was considered ugly, stupid and spent years on the receiving end of nasty remarks. Since leaving, my life has completely turned around and I'm glad to say I love my life!. 
  3. I have a hideous addiction to coffee. I quit smoking 7 months ago and now a mocha or an espresso is what gets me through the day!
  4. Everything I own, even relatively basic items, HAVE to be unusual. Example? Even my knives are beautifully coloured!
  5. My family is truly huge! I love each any every member and I'm so proud of them all. 
  6. Rudeness, arrogance and jelously are the three worst emotions. Smile. 
  7. I haven't had a blog long, but I feel since I have, its given me this little buzz. I love talking to you all from all different parts of the world and it means so much that people like what I wear. 
    I'm a complete blog addict. I read so many blogs a day now, and always looking for more! I love seeing how other people style themselves. Its just so inspiring!
  8. Last summer, I flew across the sea to meet my long lost family (my grandads). When we were leaving, his sister (who is nearly 90!) hugged me, crying, saying how if he could see me now, he would be so proud of me. He died when I was still a child, but he and I had such a strong bond. Hearing that was so moving, mainly because I still miss him so much.  

  9. My beau is the one...


Blogs I nominate:







Just a few of my favourites!

New post coming tomorrow! Stay tuned! 

Girl about Town XxX


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate it!^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am very pleased!)
    My mom is also my idol:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! You are so sweet!
    I have a coffee addiction too. Love coffee so much. I also can't stand rudeness, arrogance and jealousy. Drives me crazy.

    Thank you again!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Girl! :) I totally have the blog buzz, too. Isn't it great? Just wonderful "meeting" such nice people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I love your blog!

    xo, Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award. Your first little tidbit there made me think of a blog I have linked on mine called My Mom, the Style Icon. Have you seen it? It's pretty rad.

    Find me at Just Take a Bow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This is soo sweet, thank you very much for nominating me! I was doing similar one a while ago but I really appreciate that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on winning the award! I wholeheartedly enjoyed learning more about you! I feel like we can be blog soul mates now... if not, then blog buddies. You're such a bubbly person with a great spirit! :)

    -Camille, a Dewey Decimal
    http://www.thedeweydecimals.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. first of all my dear congrats for the award,u completely deserve it, and huge huge thanks for giving me the same!:))) and secondly thank u enormously for leaving me so sweet comment,it made my day!:))
    many many kisses!!
    Jelena
    http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for visiting, and congrats on the award !

    http://project-vee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you SO much for including me in this lovely list of ladies. And I'm so with you on number one, my mom is such a fashion icon and definitely my best friend. Loved your answers!! Happy Friday hun. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete