Tuesday, 7 June 2011

The real thing....

Firstly, I'd like to apoligise for my absence the last two weeks. I've really lacked on my post's as I have been so busy. The last post was all about how I felt a little out of my depth, so I've been focusing on how I can change that.  I've been working alot lately, which I love, but it takes its toll. This weekend was a perfect ending to a hectic week and I feel fantastic now! I'm ready for anything this week throws at me. Above all, I feel so blessed and full of love. I love my better half even more every day and my friends and family never fail to cheer me up! And my mum is back! We made up for her absence by a shopping trip. It was more than successful.


Shrug- Monsoon.
Satchel- My grandmothers.
Dress- Fat face.
Sandals- Kurt Geiger.






On friday, the beau and I had a romantic meal at home, followed by going to see one of my favourite bands. It was honestly the best gig I have ever been to. It was very small and the lead singer came out into the crowd and I met her after the gig! She and the rest of the band were so lovely and we even got a peek of the tour bus and a photo!
To top it all off, I ran into an old friend who I hadn't seen in years! We had a few beers and a good catch up.

On Saturday, We went to the beach. Not only am I tanned, but we saw 'punch and Judy' (google it if your not english,) which was a firm tradiotion as a child. My Grandfather and I would get there early just to sit at the front. I haven't watched it since I was small and thought of him the whole time.

Sunday, my best friend came to stay for the night. It was a wild night as always. We spent Monday eating, watching sex and the city and then braved the rain for sushi. I had such a wonderful four days and so sad its over!

Oh well back to work it is! 

Hope you've all had a great weekend! 

Girl about Town XxX

27 comments:

  1. aww how summery :) so fun shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for comment :)

    http://robameunasonrisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sunglasses! So jealous you went tot he beach... googling 'punch and Judy' now!

    Thanks for your sweet blog visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that dress! So cute!!

    xoxo,

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, my darling! thank you so much! you have nice blog,follow you too! you look amazing ,love your outfit ,beautiful girl! xoxooooo.stella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors in this dress, great pair up with the over the shoulder bag & cardigan! :D Beautiful look~

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful dress! WOW punch and judy! i didn't even know they still did those! sounds like you had a lovely weekend :) ronan x

    www.ronanronanronan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic satchel, from you grandmother? They always have the best stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovee this dress with dotss! looks so cute on you! would you like to follow each other? love, m.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like an amazing weekend!! :)
    love the polka dots!

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, it sure does sound that you have a life full of happiness, friends, laughter, and adventure! How wonderful it all sounds...

    I'm such a sucker for polka dot prints and this dress is no acception! I just love the pattern, and of course the bold colors. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

    Thanks ever so much for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet, thoughtful comment. I appreciate it so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    Thanks for the comment - yes I love award sharing, they're so much fun :)

    Glad to see you're back to blogging, hope to see some more great outfits from you soon!!

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the visit! I do appreciated !
    The dress is amazing, love the big colors! Omg and the sandals are so fun and funky! love them!

    htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. you're simply beautiful love

    http://www.oneredcherry.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love polka dots & this dress is FABULOUS! Love it that you have bigger photos now than in the beginning, great shots!

    Love,
    Alicia Mi Mundo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dress is fantastic! The shape of it is perfect on you and the pattern is so fun. The cardigan is the perfect topper, too! You look beautiful!

    Hanging out with friends watch SATC and having sushi sounds like a perfect evening. I'm glad you got that time with your friends, I'm sorry it's over though!

    Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your dress! Sounds like you had a great weekend :)

    Melanie@Unravelled Threads
    Follow @UnraveldThreads on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute dress! We all have those days (like you had the post before), don't worry 'bout it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I'm in love with that print. Rainbow and polka dots??? Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Polka Dots are my all time summer favorite!! You look adorable!

    Strawberry Moth

    ReplyDelete