Friday, 11 November 2011

We will remember them...

Today is 11/11/11, which is supposed to be good luck? Or so I hear...

But it is also remembrance day. On the Sunday of this week every year the city stops for a parade and a two minuet silence. Today is anniversary of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, when it was agreed world war one was over. Since there has been many more battles and many more deaths. We remember everyone involved. The lucky and not so lucky ones.

On this day every year, I think of my grandfather and my great grandfathers. We were very lucky that they came back unharmed from WW1 and WW2, but it was not without its tragedy and trauma.

So on a day like today, please be respect the armed forces, no matter your religion or political opinion. Wear a poppy and remember, they fault for our freedom.

Girl about Town XxX

8 comments:

  1. Amazing post, it is so true, you have to respect the arms forces!! Some people here don't like them, but it isn't their fault when they go to war...that's the government. (so I don't get it)
    I wish we wore poppies here in the US to show respect. I actually have to go to work too... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for lovely comment! Made my day. xo

    Anyway, enter my giveaway pretty please? They are pretty awesome you will love it. Worth entering! : )

    http://theyoungbridgetjones.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway-my-memories-suite.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing your patriotism! What a sweet post :)
    xo,
    Abbey

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet post

    xx, http://in-heelsandwedges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a touching post, I love it :) Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo, Veena

    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, thanks for remembering and telling :-)
    Bisou Anna.. Oh and I love the petals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here here well said. The armed forces really do deserve our respect, god knows what the world would be like if they didn't do their duty.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete